28 Oct The Surprising Benefits of Carrots for Your Skin and Hair
Not only do carrots taste good, they’re loaded with a wide variety of nutrients that offer a surprising array of health benefits—from your skin and eyes to your teeth and digestive track.
Below are just a few of the amazing benefits of carrots will provide your hair and skin too
Benefits for your skin
For starters, vitamin A protects and prevents against many skin problems. Check out the following benefits carrots have to offer:
- They’ll keep your skin looking youthful and vibrant due to large amounts of vitamin C and cancer fighting antioxidants. Grate a few carrot sticks, mix with some carrot juice and apply to your face for an inexpensive face mask
- Do you have blemishes? Drink carrot juice regularly and you’ll help your body fight those blemishes and prevent the ugly scarring that often goes along with them. Believe it or not, you can also apply carrot pulp directly to blemishes and it will act as an all-natural pimple remover without the cost.
- The vitamin C in carrots helps the body with its collagen production. Your body needs the collagen protein to maintain the skin’s elasticity. This is especially important for people who smoke. You may not like carrots but they’ll prevent wrinkles. The vitamin A packed into carrots is an antioxidant that fights free radicals–preventing skin pigmentation, wrinkles, and even skin cancer!
Benefits for your hair
Are you trying to grow out your hair? Carrots are your ticket. Carrots will improve your hair’s thickness and promote quick growth. Packed with vitamin A, carrots offer the following benefits:
- They’re valuable for preventing and slowing hair loss because your hair will be thicker, shiny, longer and more solid. A quick way to get carrots into your system is to start your day out right by drinking carrot juice every day for breakfast.
- Jump start your healthy hair with 3 – 4 ounces of carrot juice every day. The vitamin C and E in carrots improves the blood circulation in your scalp keeping those grey hairs at bay.
As you can see, the benefits of carrots for your skin and hair far outweigh what you might see as a bland vegetable. Whether you eat or drink your carrots, your hair and skin will thank you.